Dental implants come up as the ultimate substitute to a missing or damaged teeth. They allow you to eat, laugh, talk the way your real teeth does. In addition to being a reliable tooth restoration option, they also function as the strongest tooth replacement option. In dental implants, tooth is held via a titanium implant post. The process is known as osseointegration. By providing a natural fit, dental implants are successful in eliminating the gaps between teeth. Titanium along with the bone forms a strong foundation for your artificial teeth.
Dental implant placement can be categorized into 2 phases. In the first phase, a small titanium is gently anchored in the patient’s jawbone that recreates a natural tooth. The implants are placed beneath the surface of gum and gradually bond with jawbone for a certain time period after the surgery. During this time, patients are allowed to take soft diet. In the second phase, another piece called “abutment” is attached to the posts. Crown, bridgework and fixed denture is finally cemented to the abutment.
Implants also function great to support dentures, thereby holding in place securely while eating, speaking or other oral activities.
Dental implants have redefined the way people talk, eat or smile. The advantages offered by them are:
1. They help in creating a natural-looking smile.
2. Function and feel like natural teeth.
3. Quite comfortable and do not require any specialized care.
4. Taking care of dental implants is the same as natural teeth. It also requires brushing, flossing, and regular checkups.
5. Dental implants are entirely functional. Patients need not experience pain or any kind of discomfort with dentures.
6. They allow patients to speak with confidence.
Dental implants accurately mimic tooth appearance and function. If you are looking to get one for yourself, contact our Crosby Dental Office TX today.